For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
For the salad:
- 2 cups dinosaur kale, tightly packed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use.
- Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Add the parsley, diced avocado, sesame seeds and walnuts and toss again.
- Serve as an entrée salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.
Show Comments (0)