This soup packs a powerful nutrition punch, reward your body with a hearty mixture of clean, healing whole foods with this lentil soup.
- 250 g green lentils (soak overnight, rinse and drain)
- 4 cups purified water
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 brown onion peel and dice small
- 2 celery stalks dice small
- 1 whole silver beet, remove stem and chop finely
- 1 carrot peel and dice into cubes
- 1 zucchini dice into cubes
- 1 parsnip peel and cut into cubes
- 1 sweet potato peel and cut into chunks
- 1/4 Japanese pumpkin peel and cut into chunks
- 3 roma tomatoes dice small
- 1 garlic clove large diced finely or crushed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- sprinkle to taste, bragg organic sprinkle 24 herbs & spices seasoning
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups alkaline or purified water
- Fresh coriander or parsley sprinkled on top
- Soak lentils overnight in purified water and pinch of sea salt, rinse and drain in morning, they are ready to cook. Not everyone soaks lentils but for me my digestive system likes them better soaked. Boil purified water, place lentils in saucepan, simmer for 20 minutes until soft and set aside. If you don’t soak lentils they will take little longer to cook.
- Peel and chop onion, leek and garlic.
- Heat oil in soup pot on low heat; add garlic, onion, leek, organic nature seasoning, turmeric, cumin, sea salt and pepper, sauté on a low heat for 10-15 minutes, until brown.
- Add sweet potato and pumpkin to onion and leek mixture, sauté for about 15 minutes, until ingredients are browned. This is really important for the flavor of the soup, make sure you stir occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients stir and continue to sauté ingredients for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add purified water, bay leaves, silver beet and lentils, bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 1 hour.
- Add sea salt, pepper and spices to taste. Remove from heat and take out bay leaves.
- Fresh parsley